Helping you make an informed choice on assistive technology for sight loss.
Use this guide to explore a range of assistive technology products for people experiencing sight loss. It will help you make an informed decision on the type of assistive technology to suit your needs, or the needs of your client.
In this guide, you'll discover:
- Different types of assistive technology
- Dedicated devices, easy-to-use and high tech options
- Products best suited to novices and experienced users
- The benefits of assistive technology
- Some of the challenges users face
Use this guide to gain knowledge of the pros and cons of different types of assistive technology. Simply complete the form to request your free copy and we'll email it through to you.
This guide is a valuable resource if you:
- Work at a local sight loss society
- Volunteer at a sight loss charity
- Are helping a friend or family member experiencing sight loss
- Are a carer for a person experiencing sight loss
- Are yourself blind or visually impaired
Please share this page with colleagues if you:
- Work or volunteer at a Lighthouse for the Blind in the US
- You advise on tech at a Blind Society, RNIB or a Sight Loss Centre in the UK
- Your organisation recommends aids for people with sight loss
- Your company sells devices for people who are blind or visually impaired
- You advise people who are blind or visually impaired on assistive equipment
- You train people with sight loss to use specialist visually impaired products and tech